[keycloak-dev] Enhancement to Keycloak logging

Marko Strukelj mstrukel at redhat.com
Fri Oct 20 09:03:31 EDT 2017

Could you describe in more detail what you have been trying to debug, and
what information you couldn't get to?

To see what classes are invoked it is enough to configure logging subsystem
such that it produces that info. See:
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY10/Logging+Configuration
(especially the comment by James Perkins at the bottom of the page) and
sub-chapters. There's more in-depth info at this page:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_jboss_enterprise_application_platform/7.0/html/configuration_guide/logging_with_jboss_eap#log_formatters

You can see full http requests, and responses by properly configuring
undertow loggers, or even adding logging interceptors to undertow (see:
https://mirocupak.com/logging-requests-with-undertow/)

I think we should have enough logging in place to support common issues. So
it's important to let us know what you were trying to debug and what info
was missing for you. But we will almost certainly not apply logging that
displays method arguments across our codebase, because that's just too much
logging. Such verbose logging is better solved with class instrumentation
(e.g. by using project Byteman - byteman.jboss.org).