[keycloak-dev] Proposal: Update Dockerfiles to use jboss-cli

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Sep 14 11:03:19 EDT 2017

Just a thought, just brainstorming...

Maybe all environment variables should be ditched and only jboss-cli
should be supported?  Users extend the Keycloak image, hardcode the
things they want to hardcode via jboss-cli, introduce their own
environment variables as parameters to CLI as they see fit.  Just
seems like a much better option than having to duplicate and document
pre-defined environment variables.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:51 AM, Stian Thorgersen <sthorger at redhat.com> wrote:
> Absolutely :)
>
> On 13 September 2017 at 12:53, Iván Perdomo <ivan at akvo.org> wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thanks to Rubén [1] we have successfully changed our customization to
>> Keycloak Docker images using jboss-cli and embed-server, instead of XSLT
>> transformations.
>>
>> In the past Stian has suggested that the XSLT was done before
>> embed-server was available [2].
>>
>> We would like to contribute some of this changes to the base images. Can
>> we log an issue and send a pull request?
>>
>> The proposed changes will be just to remove xlst transformations with
>> jboss-cli commands.
>>

>> [1] https://github.com/baztan106483
>> [2]
>> https://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-user/2016-February/005120.html