[keycloak-dev] rename client templates to scope?

Schuster Sebastian (INST/ESY1) Sebastian.Schuster at bosch-si.com
Thu Sep 28 09:38:24 EDT 2017

Although unifying all of this is probably very elegant from a code perspective, I agree with Pedro. For me scopes and roles are two different concepts. Scopes being mainly for the external client/user view. Especially when you look into the direction of GDPR or UMA 2.0 client scopes, they could be a means to describe privacy-relevant information (e.g. what kind of data, the purpose of accessing it, associated descriptions). Latest at that point, still calling this role and managing it the same way as roles will probably be very confusing...

Best regards,
Sebastian

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Dr.-Ing.  Sebastian Schuster

Engineering and Support (INST/ESY1)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Ullsteinstr. 128 | 12109 Berlin | GERMANY | www.bosch-si.com
Tel. +49 30 726112-485 | Fax +49 30 726112-100 | Sebastian.Schuster at bosch-si.com

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn