[keycloak-dev] as7 wildfly8 adapter

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 03:26:54 EDT 2018

We can't keep supporting all old versions in-definitively so I agree with
removing these. It's been a long long time since AS7 and WildFly 8 was
released.

Here's some concrete download numbers from keycloak.org for 3.4.3.Final
adapters:

* WildFly adapter - 1140 dls
* AS7 adapter - 51 dls
* WF8 adapter - 42 dls

42 downloads doesn't translate into 42 users. My guess that translates into
perhaps 10-20 users.

Now while we're at it let's also look at Tomcat and Jetty:

* Tomcat 8 - 480
* Tomcat 7 - 113
* Tomcat 6 - 33
* Jetty 9.4 - 69
* Jetty 9.3 - 7
* Jetty 9.2 - 6
* Jetty 9.1 - 3
* Jetty 8.1 - 4

The list that looks obvious to remove to me are WF8, AS7, Tomcat 6, Jetty
9.3-Jetty 8.1.

Now let's consider the options for those few that may still be using:

* Stick with Keycloak 3.4.3.Final adapter
* Switch to the coming Keycloak Proxy adapter
* A different OIDC library
* Upgrade the container (this is what they should be doing really)