[keycloak-dev] Pairwise clients and authorization services

Martin Hardselius martin.hardselius at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 09:40:11 EST 2018

Hi,

It seems like authorization services break when using them with a pairwise
enabled client. I've not investigated the full extent of this but long
story short, the sub from the token is used in token validation and in
org.keyclak.authorization.common.KeycloakIdentity for some comparisons.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create pairwise a client with authorization enabled
3. Get access token (client_credentials)
3, Try post a new resource_set

I'm not sure what the best way to fix this is.
1. Re-write token validation and KeycloakIdentity to not rely on the sub in
the token,
2. Re-write the pairwise protocol mapper to ignore service accounts (feels
like putting make-up on a pig), or
3. "terminate" pairwise subs, replacing them with the internal sub, before
further processing.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Martin