[keycloak-dev] Running Keycloak in a clustered mode

Shankar_Bhaskaran Shankar_Bhaskaran at infosys.com
Wed Feb 28 05:15:21 EST 2018

Hi ,

We are running 2 standalone instances of keycloak with a shared database(later on a clustered database) in active passive mode using haproxy as the loadbalancer  . I  had tested some rest services by running the request again with the same bearer token  with the active keycloak server down and passive server now becomes active one  and it still works.
Can we run  2 instances of keycloak in the standalone mode behind a proxy with a shared database ? Or should we cluster it first using standlone-ha.xml configuration?
What features will be disabled if we use the former way of loadbalancing keycloak

Regards.
Shankar