[keycloak-dev] Migrating Keycloak to AWS environment

Kalidindi, Sai Soma Kala sai-soma-kala.kalidindi at microfocus.com
Wed Jan 3 14:37:23 EST 2018

Hi Scott,

We are actually using offline tokens for our clients, when we login in initially we give tag “offline” which gets us refresh and access tokens .

To elaborate more:

1)      We use 1.9.8 version of keycloak. We have configured our keycloak realm to set revoke refresh tokens, which means refresh tokens are revoked once used for refreshing.

2)      We have 2 keycloak clusters.

3)      Our client initially pointed to KC1 which is old environment .

4)      Now the KC1 database and certs are migrated to KC2 our new environment .

5)      Client refresh token which it got from old env works on new env, which makes sense as I have migrated the keycloak database.

6)      After of couple of days, client is moved to KC1 again. But the database is not moved. KC1 still has the old database as of step 3.

7)      Our logs show that client is sending a refresh token to KC1, which was issued by KC2. This refresh is successfull
What we are not understanding that how KC1 is able to refresh the token which it does not know ?

Thanks,
Sai.