[keycloak-dev] development image?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Jan 17 12:29:09 EST 2018

.This image is for people that don't want to know anything about maven
our our build system and want to use a distro built from master.

For developers like us, we just write a 2 line Dockerfile and mount
local disk to the image.  This way you never have to rebuild the image
as you're developing as everything is in local disk.  This is how I
approached things lately when I was fidling around the master +
kubernetes.

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Marko Strukelj <mstrukel at redhat.com> wrote:
> Yeah, we could also checkout code in 'development' subdirectory and provide
> an option to mount local dir as 'development'. We could also provide option
> to skip checkout and to use existing code in the mounted
> ~/development/keycloak - that would use your local working version of
> keycloak - so you can have it open in your IDE and do a rebuild iteration
> quickly ...
>
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 3:57 PM, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe we can just provide an option for people to mount
>> $HOME/.m2/repository ?
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 12:52 PM Marko Strukelj <mstrukel at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The problematic part is 'mvn clean install' which will pull down the
>>> internet of dependencies as if you're building for the first time - every
>>> time.
>>>

>>> On Jan 16, 2018 00:56, "Bruno Oliveira" <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Bill, I think it makes sense. But there are few things that people
>>> can't
>>> avoid, like install JDK for development.
>>>
>>> On AeroGear we had a -dev image like you described[1]
>>>
>>> [1] -
>>>
>>> https://github.com/jboss-dockerfiles/aerogear/blob/master/wildfly/unifiedpush-wildfly-dev/Dockerfile

Red Hat