[keycloak-dev] WG: How to generate a token string in a custom keycloak extension?

Thomas Darimont thomas.darimont at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 23 09:47:30 EST 2018

Hello Felix,

What's your use case?

Keycloak provides action tokens that permits its bearer to perform some
actions, e. g. to reset a password or validate e-mail address.

Perhaps you could have a look at the action tokens SPI:
http://www.keycloak.org/docs/3.3/server_development/topics/action-token-spi.html

Keycloaks OIDC Tokens (AccessToken, RefreshToken, IDToken) are generated
within org.keycloak.protocol.oidc.TokenManager and exposed
via the org.keycloak.protocol.oidc.endpoints.TokenEndpoint. Tokens can be
verified via the org.keycloak.RSATokenVerifier.

Cheers,
Thomas