[keycloak-dev] Introduce role attributes

Lösch, Sebastian Sebastian.Loesch at governikus.de
Tue Jul 3 01:36:35 EDT 2018

Hi developers,

we are currently setting up a project using keycloak and need to model:
- representative roles, i.e. roles that are given temporarily from one user to another e.g. in holiday times
- roles contain entitlements on business objects

The current role object in keycloak is not sufficent for our use cases. Searching for a solution I stumbled over
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-961
Introducing role attributes would solve my challenges. Also this fits well in the keycloak data model, as there are already user attributes, group attributes, realm attributes.

So I would like to add role attributes to keycloak in the style of group attributes.
What do you think?

Best regards,
Sebastian