[keycloak-dev] Global "reporting" role like admin but read-only?

pkboucher801 at gmail.com pkboucher801 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 10:20:38 EDT 2018

According to
https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/server_admin/index.html#global-roles
there are two global roles, admin and create-realm, but we would like to add
a third one, call it reporting, that has read-only access to all settings in
every realm (so all of the view- and query- permissions).

We can create the role as a composite with permissions over every realm, but
if a new realm is added later, the reporting role has no access unless we
explicitly grant it.

Is it possible for us to add a global role by creating a new realm role in
the master realm, and giving it a particular configuration and/or set of
permissions?

Thanks!

Regards,

Peter K. Boucher