[keycloak-dev] Proposal - use Ant Plugin for generating JKS files

Peter Skopek pskopek at redhat.com
Wed Jul 25 08:07:01 EDT 2018

Hi Sebastian,

I think that generation of Keystore on the fly is the only way to go.
You can use Java Keystore API generate it entirely from Java code (no
need to run maven).

Here [1] is an example of utility class used in wildfly testsuite to
generate Vault (basically just keystore).
It will be easy to strip vault related stuff and use it in our testsuite.

Note that there is one more drawback of storing generated JKS files,
which is that in some cases they are not binary compatible between
different JDK (particularly Oracle and IBM).

HTH,
Peter

[1] https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/blob/master/testsuite/shared/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/test/integration/security/common/VaultHandler.java