[keycloak-dev] Cross-datacenter configuration issues

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 03:25:49 EST 2018

I've just simulated the issue and created
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-6783 . I am looking at it.

What works and what we tested is:

  * Setup with infinispan-server-8.2.8 on "local" network (infinispan
    server bind on loopback address like "localhost" . Different
    infinispan servers running on the same laptop, but on various port
    offsets)

  * Setup with JDG server 7.1.0 on "local" network (JDG server bound on
    loopback address like "localhost" . Different JDG servers running on
    the same laptop, but on various port offsets)

  * Setup with infinispan-server-8.2.8 on "real" network (testing with
    infinispan hosts bound to real host with IP addresses like 192.168.0.1 )

We didn't test the combination with JDG server bind on "real" addresses
and this is the only one where the issue happens

It seems JDG 7.1.0 has some additional security when compared with the
community infinispan-server 8.2.8 .

The easiest workaround for you might be to test with community
infinispan-server 8.2.8 instead of JDG 7.1.0 . Server can be downloaded
from this address:
http://downloads.jboss.org/infinispan/8.2.8.Final/infinispan-server-8.2.8.Final-bin.zip
.

I hope to update you later today once I have some more info. Thanks for
the report and all the details you mentioned.

Marek