[keycloak-dev] Running Keycloak in a clustered mode

Chervine Majeri c.majeri at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 07:51:16 EST 2018

Hi,
We're considering attempting the exact same setup, with 2 standalone
keycloaks connected to the same backend DB.

User session is one example. There are some other things, which won't

work. We never tried to test such setup and I wouldn't do it.

>From what I've seen, only what's stored in the cache ends up being
different, meaning the HA models really only differ in that they have a
distributed cache. Is this correct? Or does it affect the connection to the
DB too?

>From that assumption, seeing the content of "standalone-ha.xml", I see that
it's mostly session related stuff and things like loginFailures that end up
in the distributed cache.
Since we have a session cookie, unique for every session, can we use
session stickiness in the reverse-proxy to circumvent most the issues?

Obviously the loginFailures feature wouldn't work all that well, but that
would be acceptable for my use-case.

Thanks,
Chervine.