[keycloak-dev] Keycloak authentication

nirmal a nirmal_131 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 00:31:33 EDT 2018

I am very much new to Keycloak. I have a question regarding Keycloak and obtaining an Access Token.
My usecase is as below.I have two separate applications set up as 2 different clients in keycloak. Both are using the same LDAP (Active directory) server for authentication which is set up in keycloak as user federation.
A user is logged into applicationA using the keycloak login page. Now the user wants to launch applicationB on click of a button on its webpage.
On click of the button, applicationA should be able to retrieve an access token from keycloak passing only the username (Not password) and use it to launch applicationB.It should not be asked to login into keycloak again.

Once it receives the token it should be able to launch applicationB using the token. ApplicationB should check the validity of the token passed and retrieves the user details from the keycloak server.
Is there a way to achieve this?