[keycloak-dev] Maven dependencies for custom ActionToken implementation

Felix Peters peters at develop4edu.de
Tue Mar 13 16:35:51 EDT 2018

Hi,

i try to implement a custom ActionToken. I want to deploy the Module via wildfly-maven-plugin.
This works like expected. No errors when i run "mvn clean install wildfly:deploy". But when i try to instantiate a ActionToken i get the following exception:

Uncaught server error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed to link my/package/actiontoken/TestActionToken (Module "deployment.keycloak-actiotokentest-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" from Service Module Loader): org/keycloak/authentication/actiontoken/DefaultActionToken

In my pom.xml i have this dependencies for Keycloak:

<properties>
    <keycloak.version>3.4.3.Final</keycloak.version>
</properties>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.keycloak</groupId>
    <artifactId>keycloak-core</artifactId>
    <scope>provided</scope>
    <version>${keycloak.version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.keycloak</groupId>
    <artifactId>keycloak-server-spi</artifactId>
    <scope>provided</scope>
    <version>${keycloak.version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.keycloak</groupId>
    <artifactId>keycloak-server-spi-private</artifactId>
    <scope>provided</scope>
    <version>${keycloak.version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.keycloak</groupId>
    <artifactId>keycloak-services</artifactId>
    <version>${keycloak.version}</version>
</dependency>

In the quickstart example (https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak-quickstarts/blob/latest/action-token-authenticator/pom.xml) they have the keycloak-services dependency not in the provided scope. I tries to use this scope and i removed it. But i always get the same error.

So what dependencies do i have to define if i want to implement a custom ActionToken? I think it's the keycloak-services, but i can't find details about that.
Is the keycloak-services a provided artifact or not?

Thanks for your help,
Felix