[keycloak-dev] [KEYCLOAK-4775] Export of Encryption Key missing in several SAML components

Tue Mar 20 15:03:46 EDT 2018

Hi,

Context:

While trying to integrate some SAML Service Provider that requires IdP
autoconfiguration (via the /auth/realms/REALM/protocol/saml/descriptor
endpoint),
I observed that the <KeyDescriptor use="encryption"> was not generated in
the <IDPSSODescriptor> XML element.

While searching for known issue related to this bug, I found that
KEYCLOAK-4775 which already  report this problem (among several SAML
encryption key issues).
But this issue was closed and marked as "working as expected", apparently
without any change to the code base so far.
I added a comment there 5 days ago, but I am not sure if comments on closed
tickets are considered/accepted.

Questions:

How should I proceed to start a new discussion about this issue?
Please let me know if you prefer that I file a new JIRA issue, or if you
plan to reopen KEYCLOAK-4775.

Note: I am interested to implement a bug-fix pull request, although my Java
Skills and Knowledge on the Keycloak project are "rather" (aka extremely)
scarce and will certainly slow down the process. On the other hand, I
"suspect" that this should be quickly fixed by an experimented Keycloak
developer... (to be confirmed ;-). In other words: Help offered, Help
welcome ;-)

Thank you very much to all the Keycloak Development community for this very
nice and powerful project (that I'm recently starting to learn/use).

Best regards,
Gilles Cornu