[keycloak-dev] Spring Security 5.1 - Resource Server support

Josh Cummings josh.cummings at gmail.com
Tue May 15 12:04:17 EDT 2018

Thomas, Sebi -

Thanks for the feedback.

I took your sample, Thomas, and was able to get it to work with our new
resource server code (which is not yet integrated with
@EnableResourceServer), though I will still check and see what might be the
problem with the existing support. I've got a partially-working sample
here, if you'd like to take a look:
https://github.com/jzheaux/spring-security-oauth2-resource-server/blob/master/samples/boot/oauth2/resource-server/keycloak-with-client

- Role extraction: Right now, you are already following the recommended
approach listed here in the documentation:
https://docs.spring.io/spring-security/site/docs/5.0.5.RELEASE/reference/htmlsingle/#oauth2login-advanced-map-authorities-oauth2userservice
It
sounds like you might be looking for something more targeted at extracting
authorities from an OidcUserRequest? I've just added a ticket with some of
my thoughts: https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-security/issues/5349

Since I think that the use case might be a little different on the resource
server side, I added a separate ticket for that:
https://github.com/jzheaux/spring-security-oauth2-resource-server/issues/37

(If it's not too confusing, you can add tickets specifically related to
Resource Server to that dedicated repo)

- Propagating logout to Keycloak: Thanks, added:
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-security/issues/5350

- Explicit configuration and Handling of access: You can track progress on
these two here:
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-security/issues/4413
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-security/issues/4371

Regarding multi-tenancy, we don't have specific plans, though I did look
through your TenantAwareJwtDecoder and will continue thinking about this.
I've added a ticket to get the discussion started:
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-security/issues/5351

Josh

<http://blog.joshuacummings.com> | @jzheaux <https://twitter.com/jzheaux>