[keycloak-dev] Current usage of mvn-golang-wrapper not compatible with product builds

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu May 17 08:30:39 EDT 2018

Ok, thanks for fixing.  I'd hate for us to have to have to go beyond
maven and create a build script.  The big benefit of the plugin is
that it builds the binary targeted to the platform the testsuite is
running in (i.e. Windows or Linux or MacOSX).

If product doesn't run the testsuite, do we really need a better solution?

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 7:09 PM, Alex Szczuczko <aszczucz at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a productization issue that was introduced to master after 7.2.x
> was split off, so it's an issue for 7.3 and continuous prod.
> Specifically, mvn-golang-wrapper depends on storage.googleapis.com and
> github.com. See KEYCLOAK-7362 for more details [1].
>
> Bill, I'm CC'ing you, since you introduced this plugin in commit 681e3d.
>
> Fortunately we don't actually run the test suite as part of the product
> build itself, so I've filed a PR to skip this plugin in the product
> build. This should be good enough for now, but we'll need a better
> solution, as I elaborate on in this[3] comment on JIRA.
>
> Alex
>
> [1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-7362
> [2] https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/5208
> [3] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-7362?focusedCommentId=13577836#comment-13577836