[keycloak-dev] Few Questions on usage

gambol gambol99 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 09:54:07 EDT 2018

Hi Bill

> - Will the scripting always be global level, or is there any plan to make
> it per client? or perhaps a better question would be will authentication
> flow always be at the realm level.
>

> You can assign a specific authentiction flow to a specific client, but
> we do not have anything like "step up" authentication yet.

Ar cool!! .. I can't see to find where to do this though .. Assuming i had
client x where do to associate the browser flow to a specific client?

> - Is there any way to turn off the internal passwords and force via
> identity provider? .. i guess this is where scripting becomes useful ..
i.e
> if client = y get the provider name and deny if not y etc
>

> Elaborate?  Not sure what you mean.Not understanding this one.

So essentially we have two upstream identity providers, we want to switch
off the user setting a local password and logging in via that, forcing them
to go via a identity provider. Though if a script can just do

if (client == "x") {
   providerId = something.getProviderId()
   if (providerId != "y" && providerId != "z") {
      context.failure("some message")
   }
}