[keycloak-dev] Exposing OTP url for frontend customization

Simone Rota simonerota at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 20:47:22 EDT 2018

Hi everybody,

It would be really useful for theme development to expose the OTP URL
(the one that gets embedded in the QR-Code) in a couple of TotpBeans.

This would allow easier customization such as (re)generating a custom
QR code client side.

Use case: I can append a "image" param to the QR Code URL, so I can
provide a custom icon from theme resources to OTP clients such as
FreeOTP.

AFAIK This can be currently done without changes only in the account
page since in the login form there's no info about the user.

If this seems interesting I can create a Jira Issue and PR; I attach
a patch against 4.5.0-Final anyway since it's a very small one.

Regards,
Simone Rota