[keycloak-dev] The ultimate fate of master realm

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 14:13:36 EST 2018

It is very unlikely that we will remove the master realm in 5.x.

There are already a way to deal with global config which is in
standalone.xml. The limitation there currently is that changes require a
server restart and we don't have a schema so it's a simple key-value type
config. Changes here can be done through jboss-cli and with domain mode you
can have these propagated to all nodes in the cluster. At this point we
won't consider adding another level of global config like Apache Commons
Configuration.