[keycloak-dev] master admin and realm admin check improvement

Gideon Caranzo gideonray at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 03:28:14 EST 2018

Hi,

During realm import, there is a step wherein the master admin roles and
realm admin roles are checked. In my understanding, this is needed because
some realm JSON from older versions may not have all the admin roles.

These steps takes at least 20 seconds for my setup since I have a very
large number of realms. Is it okay if these are done only when roles are
present in the JSON to speed up realm creation?

It would look like this in *RealmManager *class:

    *public* RealmModel importRealm(RealmRepresentation rep, *boolean*
skipUserDependent) {

        …

        *if* (rep.getRoles() != *null*) {

              // Assert all *admin* roles are available once import took
place. This is needed due to import from previous version where JSON file
may not contain all *admin* roles

              checkMasterAdminManagementRoles(realm);

              checkRealmAdminManagementRoles(realm);

        }