[keycloak-dev] KEYCLOAK-598 Support for uploading profile images via account pages

Thomas Darimont thomas.darimont at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 14 09:39:06 EST 2018

Hello Keycloak Team,

a few days ago there was a discussion on the mailing list about Avatar
profile pictures which mentioned some existing JIRA issues [3], [4].

I have created a small example extension [1] that allows you to upload
profile pictures with a custom realm "AccountResource" via the account page.
This extension supports an "AvatarStorageProvider SPI" which allows
exchangeable storage mechanisms for avatars.

I have kept the "account" page simple, but I also have an example which
supports dynamic cropping of the avatar image with "cropperjs" [2], which
needs some polishing.

Currently the extension is installed as "ear" but could also be integrated
directly into Keycloak.

What do you think about a direct integration into Keycloak?

Best regards,
Thomas

[1] https://github.com/thomasdarimont/keycloak-avatar-minio-extension
[2] https://github.com/fengyuanchen/cropperjs