[keycloak-dev] Transaction approval via OpenID Connect User Questioning API

Felix Meißner felix.meissner at hanko.io
Mon Jan 14 06:46:04 EST 2019

Hi everyone,

recently, I have been investigating how to integrate transaction approval
in an OpenID Connect based environment.

It seems to me, the OpenID Connect User Questioning API is the perfect
match, but as far as I can see, Keycloak is currently not implementing this
API, right? Also, I cannot fond any issue at JBoss regarding this feature.

Are there any reasons to not implement the User Questioning API in
Keycloak, or has there just not yet been a feature request / someone
willing to implement this? Or are there any other ways to aquire the user's
consent via Keycloak?

At Hanko, we are developing a Keycloak plugin that allows to use FIDO2 as
well as UAF and U2F devices as second or multi-factor authentication
devices in Keycloak with help of our API. Now, we are looking for a way to
integrate signed transactions based on FIDO in Keycloak.

Thank you for your comments!

Viele Grüße / Best regards
Felix Meißner

Hanko.io – Convenient and Secure Authentication

Hanko GmbH
Ringstr. 19 | 24114 Kiel | Germany

Email: felix.meissner at hanko.io
Phone: +49 431 908 929 25