[keycloak-dev] Javascript adapater tests

Guillaume Vincent gvincent at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 04:40:33 EST 2019

Hello,

> With regards to testing I see no value in unit tests for the JavaScript
adapter.

Without unit and functional tests, JavaScript developers can't refactor the
internal structure of the code.
Testing is about feedback, and the feedback loop must be short.
Integration tests take a long time to write, maintain and run.
Integration tests are needed, but also and above all, we need automated and
fast javascript tests.

Once again, I do not think we have the same vision of what the Javascript
adapter should be.
I think we have a fundamental problem.

When I see the size and quality of the code, the number of bugs in all the
wrappers for each framework, the time it takes to fix simple bugs, the
complicated use of the library.
This make me sad, and I loose a lot of time using this library.

> I am open to suggestions on how to write integration tests with
JavaScript frameworks

I let you do it, I think you are going in the wrong direction. Tell me when
you have changed your mind.

Cheers

Guillaume Vincent
Senior Software Engineer