[keycloak-dev] Make AuthenticationSessionModel available through KeycloakContext in KeycloakSession?

Vlastimil Elias velias at redhat.com
Tue Jul 2 11:04:30 EDT 2019

Hi,

as I described in [1] , we have a problem that
AuthenticationSessionModel is not available in EventListenerProvider SPI
and we need it there (we have to use dirty hacks now to workaround this
problem, and we are not able to workaround it in all cases still).

I discussed this with Marek Posolda, and a viable solution seems to be
to make current AuthenticationSessionModel available through
KeycloakContext in KeycloakSession in a same way as current RealmModel
and few other objects. This way it will be automatically available in
all SPI's without need to update each of them (it may be null if SPI is
called out of AuthenticationSession context naturally, so SPI
implementer have to check it correctly).

Dos anybody have any obligation against this proposal, or better proposal?

If not, the I can try to prepare and provide PR against Keycloak master.
It is really important for us to make this problem resolved, but I can't
afford to waste my time by PR which will not be accepted at the end.

Thanks for any reaction

Vlastimil

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-10209

--
Vlastimil Elias
Principal Software Engineer, Middleware Engineering Services