[keycloak-user] API to add/update users in KeyCloak

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Apr 23 14:24:15 EDT 2014

On 4/23/2014 2:06 PM, Kamalakannan J wrote:

> Hello,
>    We are in the process of identifying the feasibility to integrate our
> JBOSS AS7 application with KeyCloak application for the OAUTH
> requirements. In the process, we are in a stage to identify a right way to
>    -> ADD/UPDATE Users from our application to KeyCloak application
> (without using UI)
>    -> Also during the setup process we would like to add realm, register
> all the clients that uses our service to KeyCloak Application(without
> using UI).
>

>  From archives, it looks like there are some ways possible but it is not
> clear though there are no REST API endpoints at the moment.

There is a full admin REST api, although undocumented.  The admin
console UI is built on top of it.

You can invoke on it using a bearer token which you can obtain by
"Resource Owner Password Credentials Grant" [1]  invoked

/auth/rest/realms/keycloak-admin/tokens/grants/access

"keycloak-admin" is the master domain that manages the admin REST
interface for all realms.

The admin rest interface starts at:

/auth/rest/admin/realms/{realm-name}

You'll have to look at the source code for all REST endpoints, sorry.  I
haven't documented it yet.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat