[keycloak-user] Migration from Beta-2 to Beta-4

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Aug 8 12:29:53 EDT 2014

Hi,

I think that just deploy the new auth-server.war may not be enough...
You may also need to update keycloak-server.json, themes in
standalone/configuration and modules (download latest WAR distribution
for latest files). Also it might be useful to look at
http://docs.jboss.org/keycloak/docs/1.0-beta-4/userguide/html/Migration_from_older_versions.html#d4e1342
.

For migration whole database content, it might be quite tricky. Keycloak
is still in development and format of data and DB schema has changed.
There was quite big refactoring (like splitting the model, renaming
tables, columns etc). AFAIK we don't officially support migration of
data between 2 beta versions, so if you have large amount of data and
it's the issue for you to reimport them again from external source, you
may need to create some SQL scripts for migrating DB by yourself.

You may start with creating new MySQL DB and just configure it with
beta-4 and fill some simple data (like create few users in Keycloak UI
etc). Then if you look at DB, you can see the new format of data and
what exactly has changed, so it may help you to create SQL scripts for
migrating your old "beta-2 compatible" DB to new "beta-4 compatible"
format.

Sorry, I don't have better advice for you ATM:-(

Marek