[keycloak-user] Alternative ways to reset password

Rodrigo Sasaki rodrigopsasaki at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 14:38:51 EDT 2014

I believe I can help you with this one. The Keycloak team can correct me if
I say anything inaccurate.

There is an admin-client bundled with Keycloak that can be used to access
the Keycloak REST API, it's basically a Java REST client for the REST API
that they provide and is documented here:
http://docs.jboss.org/keycloak/docs/1.0-beta-4/rest-api/overview-index.html

Basically what you need is an OAuthClient or an Application, and a User and
you can alter information like you requested.

The source is here:
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/tree/master/integration/admin-client
And you can add it as a maven dependency as well:
http://maven-repository.com/artifact/org.keycloak/keycloak-admin-client/1.0-beta-4

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Kamal Jagadevan <j.kamal at ymail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>   Are there any alternative ways like command line or shortcuts to update
> the Realm settings or user settings in Keycloak.
> Though it is possible to set it up through Admin console but trying to
> avoid the setup steps through UI.
>
> Looks like during application bootstrap these are few settings like admin
> password to be reset & Direct Grant API access being disabled.
> Is there any other better way to modify other than UI or directly updating
> them in database.
>

> Please let us know. This is critical for our post install steps while
> integrating with Keycloak.
>
> Thanks
> Kamal

Rodrigo Sasaki