[keycloak-user] Alternative ways to reset password

Kamal Jagadevan j.kamal at ymail.com
Fri Aug 15 14:40:56 EDT 2014

Thank you Rodrigo!!
Can you please clarify the following?

1. Admin-client is that something released in beta4 release, is that right?
2. In order to use REST API in a out of box Keycloak service, don't you need Username, password and either public client id or combination of client id and secret.
3. Also for the 1st time login, you may need to change the admin password. can this be done through this Admin client
4. By default the Direct Grant access API is disabled for the "master" realm, can this also be modified through Admin client.

My use case is Keycloak will be part of our product and all the 1st time setting +configuration should be done during installation step without end user logging into keycloak admin console.

Currently I am inclined towards using a  JSON to import a new realm that our product can use which are pre-configured with appropriate values. Not sure if there is any other better way of dealing with it.

Best
Kamal