[keycloak-user] How to connect Keycloak Server to JBoss EAP 6.x

Graeme Collis gcollis at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 18 23:54:27 EDT 2014

It depends on your deployment.

If you run Keycloak as an appliance(which is a full JBoss AS + keycloak as a web application war) and your other app in it's own version of JBoss then you will be trying to run 2 JBoss AS on the same system. At that stage the 2 JBoss AS's will definitely need different settings for ports in the configuration (standalone.xml or standalone-full.xml).

If you run Keycloak server just as a war within your application server then you only need 1 JBoss AS. It will happily run Keycloak and your application co-located in the same JBoss EAP.

So if you are in the second situation then.

1. Unzip keycloak-eap6-adapter-dist.zip to your modules directory.
2. Change standalone.xml(or standalone-full.xml) to add the extension and the keycloak subsystem as per 7.2.1 of the userguide.
3. Optionally add a security-domain for keycloak if you need to secure EJBS.
4. Deploy the Keycloak war to you deployment folders as per 3.2 of the userguide.

The restart JBoss EAP.
This will both bring up the Keycloak server and allow you web app to use the login-config KEYCLOAK in it's web.xml.
    <login-config>
        <auth-method>KEYCLOAK</auth-method>
        <realm-name>this is ignored currently/realm-name>
    </login-config>

Without the adapters installed  the auth-method will not be found.
See 7.2.2 of the userguide

Regards, Graeme