[keycloak-user] HTTPS domain behaviour for Keycloak

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Aug 20 14:13:09 EDT 2014

Keycloak has 3 modes for SSL:

'none' - SSL is not required
'external' - SSL is not required for localhost, 127.0.0.1 and private IP
addresses i.e. 198.162.x.x, 10.10.x.x
'all requests' = SSL is required for all IP addresses

The default is 'external'.  You can change it under settings of the realm.

On 8/20/2014 1:42 PM, Adil Arif wrote:
> Keycloak requires HTTPS when connecting to auth-server.war that is
> deployed to a JBoss EAP 6.3 domain with a server group that has more
> than 1 server. Is that an expected behaviour or a bug? I notice this
> behaviour isn't present in beta 3.  Thanks!

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://bill.burkecentral.com