[keycloak-user] Full Scope Allowed OFF

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 08:17:40 EST 2014

Hi,

javascript application itself always accept all authenticated users,
there is no authorization check of roles done in javascript adapter
inside browser after authentication. But after successful
authentication, your javascript app will receive accessToken and this
token will have only roles limited by scopes you configured. Basically
the roles in access token is intersection of:
- roles, which user is assigned to
- roles, configured by scope mapping of your application

The access token can then be used for REST calls and authorization of
the token and granted roles is done by these rest calls.

Marek