[keycloak-user] How to add users in bulk

Hubert Przybysz h.p.przybysz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 04:56:20 EST 2014

Thanks both for quick responses.

I have a large number of users I want to migrate from another system to
keycloak. I could, as Bill suggests, write a piece of code that reads the
users from the existing system and adds them to keycloak using the admin
REST API. While not difficult, it takes a bit of work/time.

I looked earlier at export-import but understood that in order to import
users I had to first export them, meaning that they must have been already
provisioned in keycloak, correct? If that's not true, perhaps I can add my
users to the import file in some way ?