[keycloak-user] Keycloak and OAuth 2.0 Resource Owner Password Credentials Grant

Nils Preusker n.preusker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 06:49:01 EST 2014

Hi all,

first of all, congrats on the first alpha release of Keycloak!

We're looking for a simple and lean way to add the OAuth 2.0 Resource Owner
Password Credentials Grant to a web application written in JavaScript with
a Java/REST backend (JBoss AS 7, planning to switch to WildFly, JAX-RS
etc.).

Since I didn't find any references in the code or the docs, I'm wondering:
does Keycloak provide an implementation of the Resource Owner Password
Credentials Grant as described in the OAuth Spec (
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-4.3)? In other words, is there a
way to simply send a username and password to the auth server in exchange
for an access token (and optionally a refresh token - from previous posts I
gather this will be added soon...)?

Cheers,
Nils