[keycloak-user] Defining a new user password through REST API

Rodrigo Sasaki rodrigopsasaki at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 15:24:05 EDT 2014

I am trying to create a new user via the REST API, and I'm sending this POST

*POST /admin/realms/myrealm/users*

*Headers:*
Authorization: Bearer (generated token, this part is OK)

*Body:*
{
    "username": "rodrigo.sasaki",
    "enabled": true,
    "totp": false,
    "emailVerified": false,
    "firstName": "Rodrigo",
    "lastName": "Sasaki",
    "email": "rodrigo.sasaki at email.com.br",
    "credentials": [
        {
            "type": "password",
            "value": "myPassword"
        }
    ]
}

The user is created normally, but the password doesn't work, when I try to
login it claims I have invalid credentials.

I noticed there is a *device* attribute in *CredentialRepresentation*,
should I have filled that with some specific value? Could this be the
source of the problem?

--
Rodrigo Sasaki