[keycloak-user] Keycloak and registration workflow for REST API platform

Christina Lau christinalau28 at icloud.com
Tue Jul 8 11:34:57 EDT 2014

I am wondering if I can use Keycloak to implementation the registration workflow for a REST API platform, similar to Twitter (https://apps.twitter.com/) or Linkedln (https://developer.linkedin.com/rest).

I found some features like social login very applicable. However I am not quite sure how I will model this in Keycloak. For example, will I have 1 realm per user and each user that registers will have their own oauth client for their third party appl(s) that I need to grant access to similar to the Tutorial 3 demo?

If this is feasible to implement, can you outline the steps involved in this use case. I am thinking I will need to build a lot of it using the REST APIs you provided. Thanks in advance for any help.

Christina