[keycloak-user] Question on microservices and keycloak

Steven Pousty spousty at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 14:00:31 EDT 2014

Hey all:
I was thinking about using Keycloak to provide authentication in an
application I am building. I am building this app to evaluate how
microservices REALLY work rather than all the hype.

I am building a single page app & mobile UI, talking to different REST
services, each of which is a separate application.
Here is a rough picture of all the services.

https://github.com/thesteve0/flatfluffy/blob/master/Services.png

Reading the doc I see how I can use Keycloak to authenticate if all my
REST endpoints are in the same App Server. Unfortunately, I do not want
to make that assumption for my architecture. Can I still use Keycloak?

Thanks
Steve