[keycloak-user] Bearer Only Application access with token

Rodrigo Sasaki rodrigopsasaki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 10:51:01 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to secure a bearer-only application with keycloak, to access it
with access tokens, but I think I'm missing something.

I tried it with the database-service of the unconfigured demo.

1. I created the user role in the application.
2. I assigned that role to my user
3. I copied the contents of the installation json to
*webapp/META-INF/keycloak.json*

{
    "realm": "demo",
    "realm-public-key":
"MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCwRayjzh7W+EfPaeSdyXWLyXof7c3fwD7vb0AEtG+ogLHtMkYiTdX9y/JXOmXwWDzGhx7NM3Q6vkCG0F3lZqOVsSlYH56c5+Ev4QmSGK/+6e+WcZMcgmscoz1OoXKom4+pzqMey42hqdwwMhkvCq/jxJSmUGnZJQuqEKVH00NZ1wIDAQAB",
    "bearer-only": true,
    "ssl-not-required": true,
    "resource": "database-service",
    "use-resource-role-mappings": true
}

4. Set the auth-method to *KEYCLOAK* on web.xml
5. Started the server deploying the *database-service*
6. Generated a token using *security-admin-console* client_id and my user
7. Submitted a GET request to *localhost:8080/database/customers*

After these steps I get a 403 error, saying that I'm not authorized to
access the resource, wasn't this supposed to work?

--
Rodrigo Sasaki