[keycloak-user] Disabling totp

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 05:17:55 EDT 2014

Hi Vivek,

At login if totp is required for a realm the users account is checked to see if totp is configured. If it's not configured a required-action to enable totp is added to the account.

After you remove the totp requirement for the realm any users that have previously tried to login while it was on will still have this required-action associated with their account. This can be removed in two ways:

1. Through the admin console you can remove the totp required action from each user
2. A user can enable totp, then remove it again afterwards