[keycloak-user] Keycloak - Create Theme

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 05:26:41 EDT 2014

There are several different types of themes (for example login forms and emails). If you're creating a login theme (to style the login and registration screens) you need to create the theme in standalone/configuration/themes/login. It also needs a theme.properties file.

The simplest way to get started would be to look at the example sunrise theme and modify this theme.

First step is to copy the theme to a new folder in themes/login:

We have tried to keep our html templates as stylable as possible so hopefully you'll be able to achieve what you want with just css. You can also change individual labels by adding a messages.properties file (you don't need to override all labels, you can just add those you want to change, look at standalone/configuration/themes/login/base/messages/messages.properties for a reference). Beyond that we do have the capability of overriding the html templates as well (look at standalone/configuration/themes/login/base/*.ftl for a reference, you can override individual files by copying them to your theme and changing there).