[keycloak-user] Problem when having no auth-method

Rodrigo Sasaki rodrigopsasaki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 15:02:26 EDT 2014

Hi,

I was trying to deploy some of my company's applications on keycloak, and
in one of them I got this error:

at
org.keycloak.subsystem.extension.KeycloakAdapterConfigDeploymentProcessor.deploy(KeycloakAdapterConfigDeploymentProcessor.java:73)
at
org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:113)
[jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]
... 5 more

I went to investigate and I found that on line 73 of
KeycloakAdapterConfigDeploymentProcessor there was this:

loginConfig.getAuthMethod().equalsIgnoreCase("KEYCLOAK")

and I did some digging and it happens that in this particular project,
there is no auth-method identified on web.xml, so loginConfig.getAuthMethod
returned null.

All I did was change the comparison to this:

"KEYCLOAK".equalsIgnoreCase(loginConfig.getAuthMethod())

And it all works. I don't know if this defines a problem in the scope of
your project, but it would be good to inform you

--
Rodrigo Sasaki