[keycloak-user] I think I know the cause of my JPA transaction errors

Dean Peterson peterson.dean at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 10:02:53 EDT 2014

I have mentioned it before but I am trying to get things to work using an
Azure MS-SQL database.  Yes, I remember being told you will not support
that.  Just in case it will spark some ideas I want to mention that I found
Azure closes database connections after one minute and end users have no
control over that:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/avkashchauhan/archive/2011/11/12/windows-azure-load-balancer-timeout-details.aspx

This is the behavior I am seeing.  I log in, let the application sit until
I am automatically logged out and I always get this timeout error (sql
error: 0, SQLState: 08S01) when the JpaKeycloakSession.close() method is
called.  I will probably have to switch to a local database.