[keycloak-user] Logging out

Dean Peterson peterson.dean at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:58:24 EDT 2014

I used a different e-mail and my previous post did not get through.

Ok, that makes sense. I am still trying to figure out how k_logout should
work on my end.  I do have the keycloak modules installed on the server
running my app.  However, I still get a value of false in logoutApplication:

Response response = client.target(managementUrl).path(AdapterConstants.
*K_LOGOUT*).request().post(Entity.*text*(token));

*boolean* success = response.getStatus() == 204;

The success Boolean is false.  I set the Admin url to some path with
"admin" but I do not have a REST service at any location for
.../admin/.../k_logout.  Am I supposed to do something on my end or should the
keycloak modules have automatically set something up that understands how
to handle a request to something like .../admin/.../k_logout?

I just would have liked to make all of this a bit easier.  Why can't I
create some REST service on my end that calls something like:
KeycloakSecurityContext.logout(); Under the covers
KeycloakSecurityContext.logout() builds the logout uri, sends the request
to the keycloak server and finally logs me out of the local application?