[keycloak-user] No refresh-token when requesting access token

Nils Preusker n.preusker at gmail.com
Fri May 2 09:35:00 EDT 2014

Hi,

I noticed that when I request an access token (curl -v -H "Content-type:
application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
http://localhost:8080/auth/rest/realms/keycloak-admin/tokens/grants/access--data
"client_id=...&client_secret=...&username=...&password=..." -H
"Accept: application/json"), the response doesn't contain a refresh token.

Is this intentional? And might it change in future versions?

According to http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-4.3 (which is the
spec the above method implements, right?), the refresh token in the access
token response is optional.

If I'm not mistaken, adding .generateRefreshToken() here:
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/services/src/main/java/org/keycloak/services/resources/TokenService.java#L201
should do the trick, right?

Cheers,
Nils