[keycloak-user] How to set up CORS for javascript calling a REST app

Boettcher, Jim jim.boettcher at hp.com
Mon May 5 15:41:57 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to get CORS working for a javascript app. The javascript app (gui_app) is making AJAX requests to a different REST app (rest_app).
In the Keycloak admin console I created an application for the rest_app application and set a Web Origin of "*" . I then copied the Installation for Jboss Subsystem XML to the standalone.xml of the JBoss 7.1.1 server that the rest_app is running on. I modified the configuration to add
<enable-cors>true</enable-cors>
When I try to open the gui_app from Chrome I get errors like:
XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://localhost:8080/auth/rest/realms/dp-gui/tokens/login?client_id=rest_app&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A7116%2Frest_app%2Frestws%2Ftimezone&state=3%2F502272ab-ab8f-4d9e-b8ea-4484a81de15c&login=true. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'https://localhost:7116' is therefore not allowed access.

I've tried playing with various settings but can't get anything to work.
Is there an example available for how to get this to work?
Is there anything else that needs to be done on the Keycloak server side? Or on the Adapter side?

Thanks,
Jim