[keycloak-user] Pointers Please

Conrad Winchester conrad at mindless.com
Sat May 10 08:05:02 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

first of all thank you for making keycloak. I am developing a new restful back-end for a mobile app and I wanted it to support Oauth 2 and social login, and it looks like keycloak seems to fit the bill.

Both key cloak and my app are sitting inside the same Wildfly container, and  I have set up a realm and roles etc…

I could do with a few pointers though, because we are a native app and want to avoid directing to web pages if possible. I am trawling through the hours of video, and haven’t found answers yet, but would like to know if the following is possible.

1) Register a new user by REST from a mobile application - Any pointers to an example or  description of how to do this please.
2) Login and get a token directly from the auth server for the user of the mobile app by using a grant type of password (i.e. no web page redirection involved)? Any pointers to an example or  description of how to do this please.
3) Any pointers on how to link the Keycloak user to the user of my application (which will contain information pertinent to that user not stored in keycloak) - how do I do that at the time of registration?

I know its a pain to get these basic questions, and I hope they are not asked too regularly, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Conrad