[keycloak-user] Mongo DB Connections Issue

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 06:22:17 EDT 2014

Hi,

We are using MongoClient, which has it's own connection pooling
mechanism. The default size of connection pool is 100 connections.

When MongoClient needs to do some DB operation, it opens new connection
and put it to connection pool until there are 100 connections here. Once
there are 100 connections, it stops open new connections, but it will
start to reuse existing ones instead.

As of now, we don't support configuration of connection pool in
Keycloak, but I've added https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-799,
which will be available in next 1.1.0.Beta1 version. Then you will be
able to add this to mongo configuration in keycloak-server.json:

"connectionsPerHost": 10

to limit size of connection pool to 10 connections for example. You will
be also able to configure other options related to connections and
connection pooling.

Marek