[keycloak-user] OpenID Connect support

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 20:53:38 EDT 2014

Section 3 does mention that the issuer is a URL using HTTPS, but this
URL does not have to match the token endpoint URL.  It is just a unique
identifier for the issuer.  That's it.

Maybe I'm just not understanding OIDC, but what you are describing for
"aud" and "azp" doesn't make sense to me.  An ID Token is not an access
token.  Its not something you pass around to use for authz.  Neither do
you pass around access codes.  Access codes are only usable once.

Keycloak just doesn't support multiple audiences.  When an oauth client
is registered, a set of valid redirect uri patterns are associated with
it.  You cannot associate a client with another client.  The ID Token
will only ever contain one client_id in the "aud" and the "azp" will
always be blank because its an optional setting.

We support narrowed "trust" by role scope mappings.  When an access
token is created for a specific client, it is only granted permissions
that are configured for that client's scope.  For example:

* Service 'A' has roles of "user" and "admin"
* Service 'B' has roles of "admin" and "analyst"
* User has a role mapping of A.user, A.admin, B.admin, B.analyst
* Oauth client "C" is registered with a role scope mapping of A.user
* Oauth client 'C' initiates a token request on behalf of the User, it
gets an access token only with a permission of 'A.user' even though the
user has other permissions. So it wouldn't be able to access Service 'B'
at all.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat